Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tim and Kumar go to White Castle (or the White House)

Hey everyone. Hope summers are going well. I just got back from DC. Which was pretty chill. I was there for an ACLU membership conference with like a thousand other crazy liberal people from all over the country. Listened to a bunch of interesting speakers like Arlen Specter, Ruth Bader Ginsberg, James Souter, and Antonin Scalia. So ya it was cool.
Other than those boring details about my trip I must say that DC is a pretty sweet town. I stayed in China town (which was really just a hundred yard strip with a bunch of Chinese restaurants). The weather was real hot down there too. I left last Sunday and Saturday in Portland was around 65 and DC on Sunday was 105. And humid. And I was wearing a suit. So was very sweaty. And I look funny in suits. I went for a walk around Sunday night to see some of the sights and it turned into a 2 and half hour walk down to the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, and White House. And it was still 90+ outside. At 11 pm. But the monuments were awesome. Except that half of DC was at the Lincoln Memorial. I also got to go on a nice little jaunt Monday night around the monuments again and lost like four pounds in water weight, but its so humid down there that you don't dry off and so it all stayed in my clothes. Which was awesome.
Other highlights were meeting Mike Michaud (Maine State Rep), getting lost on Capital Hill, seeing lots of good looking women (women in the South really are hotter), and meeting the actor who plays Kumar in the "Harold and Kumar" movies (and he's really smart: getting a Ph.d from Stanford in security studies).
Anyway I'm home now but leaving for the Bay soon for the Fourth. Hope everyone is doing well and I'll post some pictures from DC soon. That is if Homeland Security, the FBI, CIA, NSA allow me to...

No comments:

Post a Comment