Monday, June 16, 2008

In My Defense


Don't believe anything Steve says. I actually have resisted the call of the grocery store a total of three days out of the nine I've been here, and when Steve came home from work today I was not napping but hard at work washing the dishes. Which I may or may not have counted as a specific strength workout. This all arose from the fact that I didn't fall the training schedule EXACTLY this past week, because I couldn't figure out how to open it on Steve's computer. It may also have helped that Steve is a little bitter about the hike I dragged him along on yesterday. Just because there was no trail, the mountain turned out being a huge pile of loose rocks at 50 degree angles and Steve had gone on a seven hour hike AND a seven mile run the day before, he felt the need to whine the whole way about his sunburnt legs and... never mind. That's it. But he didn't even let us go to the summit, and I had to buy him an ice cream at the end to make him feel better. 
For those of you who don't know, I'm living in Ketchum, Idaho in a beautiful ski condo tastefully decorated with an excessive number of dream catchers. I'm working at a sandwich shop with a bunch of twelve-year-olds. Actually I think their ages range from 16 to 19, but kids just seem so much younger these days.
I miss all you guys like the coccolithophore is going to miss it's shell when they can't form anymore because of the input of carbon dioxide into the oceans which causes the calcium carbonate to enter into a buffering system with the carbon dioxide. (right Sam EB?) Which is a lot. I was going to add real pictures to this, but STEVE forgot the cord for his camera and I can't upload them. 

Love (I'm having a major identity crisis and can't decide which name to put down, so each of you can insert your preferred name for me.)

2 comments:

  1. Right Kir... don't forget how carbonic acid gets in on that reaction.

    Ps. I like your reference to me better than Steve's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i would have gone into detail and written out the whole chemical reaction, but i thought that would take away from the whole point of the metaphor.

    ReplyDelete