Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Gallivanting in Europe




So as many of you know I left mid semester for Berlin. You know because I said bye many more times than was necessary, but I am glad I had the chance to do so. I am currently sitting in my room in Berlin, a little homesick, but eating up the experience none the less. It’s become apparent that skiing plays a more important roll in my life than I previously would have admitted. Anyways, enough of the nostalgia; you know it is not my style. I write because I want to fill you in on some of the things I have done. Although it may be difficult to find roller skis, weight rooms, mountains, snow and basically anything that has to do with skiing in Berlin, I have had the opportunity to visit a couple of places that are a little better suited for our sport. Two weeks ago I traveled to Switzerland with my Aunt. I ended up in a place called Interlocken. It is the site of the first Alpine World Championship (1922). This place is gorgeous. It is also the host to the most memorable day I have had in Europe so far. It began in a Valley around 2000 ft in elevation. By the end of the day, however, I ended up hiking up to 10,000 ft (some cable car assistance) and back. Needless to say the sights were breathtaking. The very next weekend I found myself in Stockholm. (For those skeptics I actually do go to class.) It just so happened that the Stockholm marathon was being held that weekend. Unfortunately I was not able to register, but I threw on the old running shoes anyways and ran along for the last half. Running the Swedish cobble stones was hard on the old legs, but they persevered. That is all for now… stay tuned for further European escapades. Signed,D masta flex

P.S. The pics were taken within six hours of eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment