Sunday, June 15, 2008

Jumpin' Off Things = FUN

A big hello from upstate where the water flows like wine and the women instinctively flock like...well...I guess they don't really flock around here. Anyway life in Keene is still GOOD! Except for the fact that even though Hova and I live about 10 minutes from both Papineau and Magoo, I think we have seen both ladies only twice...I blame it on work and not wanting to drive because of newly increased gas price of $4.31 (yeah I know Dylan its like 9 bucks a gallon in Germany yah). Anyway we have been busy with many things: cliff jumping, ice cream making, selling stuff on eBay, Six Flags Theme Park, getting pulled over by NY State police for neglecting to wear a seatbelt 100 feet from our residence, humidity (blah), losing and buying new heart rate monitors, realizing that food actually costs money when you live on your own, and other fun stuff like that. Recently, I went to a US Biathlon Team camp and was very happy I was attending for two reasons: (1) it is great to ski with some of the faster skiers in the country (i.e. Tim and Lowell) and (2) it made me realize that when I race on nordic skis I know that I will NEVER have a gun on my back when I do so...EVER. Besides that, Hova and I have a new housemate, Paul Smith, from UVM. He's the man. Quiet, but the man. The movies that are up are of nearby cliff jumping shenanegans (or SHEE-NA-NEE-GANS as Harry likes to pronounce it). We went to a place called The Bluffs with the Matty McClelland, Sophie, Scottie, Marlijne, and some other nearby peeps for an adrenaline rush one afternoon. 70-foot cliff...terrifying really but FUN!!! Hope all is well and it is great hearin' how people's summers are going. Can't wait to see people in the fall.
Later Skaters,
Sylvan
PS- So of the 46 mountains that Harry and I were planning to climb we have hit....... FOUR, maybe a goal for a different summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment