Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Being a Kid Again

Theme parks suck. They are overly crowded, filled with junk, and in the end, pretty trashy. But damnit they are fun. On our off day of work and training, Sylvan and I took a day trip to Six Flags (Great Escape) in Lake George, NY with a whole crew of friends. The original plan was to go with a group from work, but when we learned that more people= a cheaper ticket, we recruited most everyone from Keene that had the day off of work. This included Scotty McClelland, Tommy Biesemeyer, Marlijne Cook, and our housemate Paul Smith (who makes his own work schedule).
The last time I went to a theme park was for my brother's 10th birthday party, so I didn't remember much except that they are fun, and you can spend a lot of money in a short amount of time. That last theme park was, in the grand scheme of theme parks, pretty awful considering it was Aquaboggin water park in Saco, ME. The Great Escape was a little better, but according to everyone else, still pretty awful. I didn't notice as I was amused by the rollercoasters and waterslides all day.
Being a kid again felt way too good, but after some bike intervals today and with work tonight, I have (kind of) snapped out of the trance. It was a perfect day off of training and work, but I can honestly say that it will probably be another ten years before I brave another theme park.

3 comments:

  1. Harry who is that next to you on the right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't trash aquaboggin EVER again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sammy b, that is thomas biesemeyer, he is an alpiner from burke.

    ReplyDelete