Thursday, March 19, 2015

Another Sappy(ish) Senior Post

Halie has taught us well: blogging is the best procrastination tool when you really just don't want to write that paper. I'm sitting in the Detroit airport, on my way to Sun Valley for Spring Series, but though I should share about my last great adventure: NCAAs at Lake Placid last week.  I didn't have quite the week I had been looking forward to all season, but it was still a blast! 

Here are a few pictures from the week, and even though I am in each of them, the whole team was there in spirit. Without the whole team by my side all year (for four years), it would have all been very different. So first, a shout out to the whole Bates nordic family (I know there are some key players missing in this photo, but it's the best I can do!). You are all a wonderful crew and your spirit, optimism, and support accompanied me to Lake Placid week.
Steve Fuller photo

Corky made the trek over- it was AWESOME to hear him cheering and see his smily face at the end of the race

Becky. No words needed.

This guy, James- waxing and smiling guru. 

Congrats to Alpiner Kelsey on crushing her first NCAAs of many. It was super to have her right upstairs and giving us someone to cheer for at the Alpine races! 

My cousin Sarah surprised me by coming to watch the classic race! The rest of my family was there too, but managed to avoid all photos...

Kelsey took this picture-  not letting me take myself to seriously!

Something we Eastern girls talked all about is how close we are as a region- we are all friends and rooting for each other. Here is Rachel from Harvard, me, and Olivia from Colby, enjoying a nice cool down after the skate race. 

More Eastern friends! Kat and Annika from UNH!
Heather and I shared a special sort of podium on Wednesday, but still smiles!
Plane is boarding, gotta go fill up that water bottle one last time!
xo, Hallie

No comments:

Post a Comment