Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I am Ironman


I arrived home just a few days ago after narrowly escaping the pink eye plague of Bates College.  So far I have only had one training experience that is deserving of a post... actually you can decide if it is worthy.  Yesterday, I was running a loop by my house, which usually takes me around an hour and a half to complete, but for some reason I was running a lot faster than I normally do.  Anyway, long story short I was approaching the top of a dirt road which heads straight down to my house when I decided to look at my watch and realized that I was running the loop almost 25 minutes faster than I normally do.  At the same time that I came to this realization, I remembered that there is a chain fence hanging across the road that I was getting onto.  I reflexively turned to my hurdling instincts, which I clearly did not have because I caught my back shin and fell flat on my face onto the dirt road.  Luckily there are probably something like 10 people who live within a mile radius of me so nobody saw this incident, but I was still pretty embarrassed and my shin is still swollen.  Later that night I went to the movie "Ironman" with a group of people including our alpine teammate, Megan Papineau, which is where I came up with the title for this post.

Otherwise I have been perfecting my cooking skills, which I will be needing later next month for my position as a co-cook for a camp.  My previous cooking experience is limited to middle school Home EC classes, but so far I have made banana muffins and tomorrow I will master the art of cooking lasagna.

Wish me luck - Moogs
also, I don't know why this post is all underlined... I couldn't figure it out

No comments:

Post a Comment