Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm Ready for Spring Break???

No...temperature wise, YES, but Jamaica is in the back of my head. I have come to realize that not being able to race because of weather is frustrating. You have to go through all the pre-race stuff day after day not knowing when there is going to be an actual race. Eating good meals, your superstitious pre-race habits, packing like you are going out for a 20 day ice trek, and then traveling to the venue so your adrenaline can build while the butterflies in your stomache continue fluttering. However, I have come to terms with the weather, its a good test of character.

"Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once and awhile, nine out of tem people couldn't start a conversation."

I'm excited to come back and be with my friends, my team. And RACE!!! Camp has started for the rest of the team and can't wait to get back and join them. It sounds like tomorrow will not get above -10 F, but I am 89% sure they will send it and run a qualifyer and that is it. Then they will base all of the teams off of a 3.5 minute sprint and a cold freestyle race.

See you soon. And thanks for all the support.

-Sylv G.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment